Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sleep!

We have had two nights of pretty good sleep!  I don't want to count on it, but they have been going down at about 10:15 (we do our last feed at 9:30 pm) and they slept until 5:20 am this morning!  Yesterday was about the same and Sean has just and to go in and re-swaddle them around 2 or 3 am when they cry.  I am really praying that this means they will start to drop that 3 am feeding and we can stretch out until the morning feed which they usually do around 7:30 am. That would be so incredible.  We have been doing baby wise for about 6 weeks now and while they are a couple of weeks behind what the book says (now 10 weeks) they seem to get there!  They dropped their 1 am feeding about 2 weeks ago and that was SO nice for mom and dad! We had one blissful night where they slept straight through, but I am not holding my breath for that to happen again for awhile.  It did give us a glimmer of hope though!

Tate had bis circumcision yesterday and I cried as soon as he came home and then I keep tearing up every time I see it.  It just looks so awful-red and gooey and painful!  We are giving him tylenol even though they said he won't need it, I do!  This morning when I changed him he didn't cry as much though.  The awful part is that we are supposed to pull down the skin around it to keep it from healing up too high or something, that does bother him and I hate it.  People say it heals quickly so I am praying for just that. 

Tonight we are going to look at our daycare, it is an in-home with a woman who attends our church and I feel so blessed that she has space for both of them!  She is very reasonable priced so we can keep saving for a bigger house.  I really believe God is working things out for us! I go back to work the last week of August and I feel like it is coming at me quickly. I mean I have a hard time taking care of them alone, but I know I am going to miss them like crazy once I am at work.  They will be 4 months then at least, I'm glad I got to stay home for this long and as a teacher my hours are great for picking them up early and having days/vacations off to spend more time with them if I had some other full time job.  Later I'm having a much needed night out for dinner with girlfriends, our wonderful husbands are all going to babysit together (2 toddlers and 5 babies!)  I feel bad we bring two newborns, but I think when they are all together one more doesn't really make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment