Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 3 and 4

It's kind of a blur now. Gracie did awesome and didn't have any accidents yesterday!
I put a diaper on Tate for nap and bedtime because Sean left for a work trip and I am tired. I am hardcore undies only on Gracie because I feel like she is so close, diapers would only prolong it. I think Tate may just need more time. He still had like 6 accidents yesterday. In a bold move, I also took them to daycare today, which may ruin everything, but I NEEDED a break. So I didn't really have a choice. Sanity trumps the potty.

We also watched the "Potty Power" video my friend lent us and Tate FREAKED out. He was so scared of this court jester during a fairy tale of the princess and the potty. This guy was everything you think of when you imagine a scary clown. I tried to make Tate sit through it so we could see he isn't scary and move on, but the dvd kept freezing and it would be stuck on his giant creepy smile/make up face. Tate was trembling! I turned it off and Gracie said "Tate stop crying, so me watch potty movie!" Apparently, she felt cheated. Only two episodes of Thomas the Train could calm us down enough for bedtime.

We did finish a lot of chocolate chips and have a lot of successes yesterday, so overall, It's going well.

On a side note, Tate got put in time out yesterday and was crying for daddy from his room. It was hilarious to hear Gracie yelling through the door "Daddy in AYIZONA!!" Tate would cry again "my daddyyyyyy" and again she'd tell him "No Tater, Daddy AYIZONA!!" Like he wasn't even allowed to ask for him.

As I sat in the back yard crying because they wouldn't nap and were waking up the baby, I realized that it was only one day as a single parent and I already couldn't hack it. Mt hats off to all the single moms and dads out there or even those whose spouses travel a lot. It's a really really really hard job some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment