It would be funny if it was someone else's kids.
Day One: Total of 28 underwear changes, 1 nap.
Day Two: 22 underwear changes. No Nap.
To make things a LOT more fun our dryer stopped working on the evening of day 1. So we are washing millions of pairs of toddler underwear and sheets, blankets and random soiled objects and then having to hang them on a line to dry outside. It just happens to be 60 degrees here, so I am getting to use my HAIR DRYER to speed things along when we need a new pair of undies fast.
The Good: Gracie is doing awesome. Lots of success and still a few accidents. She is pooping and peeing and actually telling us half the time. Tate has pooped a few times and peed a handful of times on the potty.
The Bad: They have peed on the floor, stairwell, kitchen chairs, bedroom floor, beds, giant stuffed dog, futon, and my shoe mirror.
Tate seemingly has no control or sense of when it is about to happen and I want to bang my head against the potty chair every time he pees on Elmo.
The Ugly: I want to give up. Sean wants to give up. He put swim diapers on them for nap (because they don't count as real diapers?? ) so we wouldn't have to change their sheets. This is against the advice of the book, so I don't know if this will set us back or not. We just don't have that many sheet sets or a WORKING DRYER. What does the book say about THAT?
We are trying this for the rest of the day and then he leaves for a work trip tomorrow. I may revert to diapers for nap and bedtime. I may just give Tate diapers. I may drink wine coolers, make them babies again and wrap them in a swaddle. I have no idea.













No comments:
Post a Comment