Thursday, August 12, 2010

Review! Sesame Street Ebooks-Free Trial



This is my first review ever and I was so excited when I got the offer to review Sesame Street's new ebooks. These combine three of my kids' favorite things:
1. Books
2. Sesame Street (Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Grover, specifically)
3. Mommy's Computer

I set up a chair and asked G and T if they wanted to look at a book on Mommy's computer-they sprinted there.

It took a couple of minutes for me to get it all set up, so I suggest having it bookmarked already, but they were very excited to see their favorite characters on the screen. The site is super easy to navigate and I loved that there are several options to pick from.

1. You can manually turn/click the pages and read it your self. This is great to have time to say "Yeah, I see Elmo on that page, what is he doing?", etc.

2. You can turn on Auto Play and have the pages turned for you. Great if you want to put the keyboard or mouse out of reach from little hands.

3. You can have the book read by the site "Audio Play". I love this because it is with character voices and it highlights each word as it is read to the kids.

4. Finally, there is "Interactive Play" which enables you to move things around, count, and interact with the story itself.

Once you find the books you like, you can save them to come back to time and time again.

If that all weren't cool enough, you can read a color book and print out the pages on your home printer! This was a big hit for my twins since we are knee deep in potty training!


I've got nothing but good things to say and you can check it out for yourself. Sesame Street is offering a free weekly trial for my readers! Click on the link on the top/ right side of my blog and you can play around with the featured item of the week for free. Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment