Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mama! I see Da OCEAN!!!




Last weekend we went to the Oregon coast with my extended family. This was the first family trip we have ever taken with husbands and kids and all that. It was a short, but eventful trip and the kids had a blast.

We spent time on the beach chasing waves and playing in the sand with cousins.




Benny loved being outside all day!


True to form Gracie wanted to do her own thing


Baths in the giant tub were so much fun

And nothing beats breakfast made by daddy and Grammy


(Pardon the alcohol. Not actually a part of breakfast, more for the adults after kids are in bed)

Two Quick Stories:

1. Saturday night we walk by the babies' room to smell poop. A check inside reveals that Gracie has unleashed another pooptastrophe (totally a word) on us all. She is passed out cold, but apparently pooped in her diaper she wears for bed (bc she is potty trained mostly) and didn't want in on her while she slept. So it was flung about the room and all over her pack n play. We had to clean it and give her a quick bath (making her scream for 20 min straight). Fun stuff, folks.

2. The Great Escape:
We had the bottom floor of the house to ourselves with a private entrance (that we kept locked). Well, while Sean and I were playing in the living room with Benny we hear the ominous silence that only means G and T are up to no good. I go to check on them and the door is WID OPEN. They were outside on their own!! I screamed and Sean ran down the street. Now I know in a crisis I am useless. I just stood there terrified and actually creeped out by a big spider in the doorway. Thank God, Sean found them quickly at the end of the street walking together in their pajamas towards the beach. Another 10 years off my life. Gracie proudly told us that Tate unlocked the door and she opened it. How can I compete with such criminal masterminds?

Now every time we get in the car G and T yell " Mama, I see da ocean!!" Which makes me wonder if they still don't know what the ocean is. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment