Sunday, August 8, 2010

Works in Progress

Sean was in AZ all week for work and I just barely survived.

This week continues to be a bit crazy with preparing for Benny's 1st b-day party and the non-stop fun of potty training.

A week later and we have made real progress. Gracie is wearing underwear all the time, except naps and bedtime. She has had just a couple of accidents since Tuesday. I am so proud of her! Tate is wearing diapers all day with his underwear over them, BUT he is going potty almost as often as Gracie. He tells us a lot and is doing really well, but he hasn't quite got the control down yet, so I am keeping the diapers on for back up a little while longer. To keep the excitement up I bought some stickers to add incentive and stocked up at the library on potty books and movies.

These have been a big hit and we watch two of them all the time. Elmo's Potty Time was an instant success and honestly, I think we have watched it like 15 times since Thursday. They LOVE it. I highly recommend this one for kids who adore Sesame street as much as mine.

I already recounted the nightmare that was Potty Power a few days ago, so we can skip that.

The Potty Movie was pretty cute. All cartoon and the kids seemed to like the songs. Sean can't take the videos where they actually show poop, but it really gets G and T excited!

The Books:

I won't bore you by reviewing all that I have here, plus, I have been switching out ones they don't get into every few days. They don't like books that are too long. No plot needed. Just show me a kid going poop or pee or both, please. I will say they are loving "The Potty Train", "A Potty for Me" and "On Your Potty, Little Rabbit" the best.
Saying "Chugga chugga poo poo!" is hilarious to two year olds, apparently.

I am close to having everything needed for Benny's Little Man party. I got inspiration here
originally, but have picked up pieces all over the web since then. Here are a few of the mustaches I am making for photo booth props!
I still need to make cupcake toppers and assemble treat bags. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment