Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ruckus

Is that how you spell ruckus? As in, "The twins caused a great ruckus"?

Anyways, they did.

Yesterday was one of those terrible two's days that everyone jokes about. Only its not nearly as funny in person.

Scene 1:
Benny has explosive poop all over himself and I am in his room hosing him off. Enter Gracie covered in (I admit my first thought was more poop?!) chocolate. I scan my brain and correctly identify the only chocolate available would be the cupcakes in the trash. Return to the kitchen to find she has, indeed, been picking at a 5 day old cupcake in the trash. Moreover, she is upset I won't let her finish.

Scene 2:
I begged Sean to take us out to eat when he got home from work for a change of scenery (and to give me a reason to shower). Half way through the meal while he is taking G to potty, Tate starts spit/drooling on the floor. I ask him/tell him to stop about 17 times as the waiter comes up to check in. He is clearly disgusted. Thanks Tater, now my parenting failure has been taken public.

Finale:
We are home. Its past bed time. Scrambling to get all the kids in pj's, brushed teeth, etc. In the chaos Gracie takes the opportunity to swipe Tate's beloved Blue Blankie and give him a bath in the toilet. Now we are grossed out, Tate is crying, and bed time will be delayed even further as we have to wait for the blankie to dry in the dryer. Well played, miss. Well played.

Needless to say, they are at daycare today.




No comments:

Post a Comment