What makes my DH a great Father?
Here I sit on our 2nd Father's day and both DH and the twinnies are happily napping. I took a break from cleaning for the in-laws arrival to participate in Multiple and More's blog carnival!
My DH is an amazing man. I knew he would be an amazing husband and friend to me through our lives, but even more endearing was that I knew he would make an amazing father someday. We met in high school and even then, I could see the makings of the man he would become and he talked of the father he'd long to be. We dreamt of the family we would start together someday. We married in 2004 and thus began our 3 year battle with infertility. Its no joke and it brought us so many sleepless nights and teary eyed talks as we felt our dream slip away. He was the strength and optimism I needed and I was that for him when occasionally he buckled. One thing was clear and that I will always be able to tell our children: Your Daddy loved you and wanted you SOOO much. The blessing of infertility is how it puts life into perspective and we try never to take for granted how blessed we are to get to parent our twins and (coming soon) another little boy. Sean does a wonderful service to our children by loving me in spite of mood swings, hormones, and occasional bouts of just being high maintenance! My little girl will know the type of man she should look for and our sons will have the best role model I could dream up.
On a daily basis Sean cleans, cooks, wrestles, cuddles, kisses, induces fits of giggles, bathes, wipes away tears and disciplines with me. Our kids know their daddy loves them and he is a heavy favorite in our house! How blessed are we all that God gave us this man to be their daddy! 10 years ago we didn't know quite what we were in for and I'm sure life will continue to hand us things we struggle with, but the truth and promise I saw then is being fulfilled before my eyes now and I can't tell you how lucky I feel.














Blessed you are to survive those trying times and still come out on top!! :) Blessings to you and the new baby!! :)
ReplyDelete