Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Break

Summer break has started!  It's kind of a slower transition than I thought with packing up my classroom and finishing report cards, but I should be done with everything tomorrow.  I also got a job interview at another local private school for Thursday! I am excited and kind of sad because I don't want to admit that I am leaving my old job for good.

In twinnie news, they are seeming more and more like toddlers everyday. Tate is seconds away from walking and is just my wild man.  He gets into everything (had to hide our shoes because he likes to lick the bottoms-EWWWWW)! Gracie is trying to move now, but still not having much luck. She rolls back and forth, but can't seem to get the hang of crawling or pulling herself up.  Once I've got her standing up she is happy until she wants to sit down.  Then she shakes her legs and cries because she is too scared to let herself drop down.  This girl is really trying our patience lately with lots of whining and crying. I don't see any molars coming in, and really have no hints that it's an ear infection (I'll feel so bad if it is!), it just seems like she is being whiny/high maintenance.  It was just a couple of weeks ago I was saying that about Tate though. Maybe it's a stage? My babies are both very clingy still around strangers and cry if we leave the room for a second. None of our other friends' kids do this (all the same age). I am starting to feel like we are doing something wrong. Are we too attentive?  My aunt says I need to leave them on the floor more to themselves and do more of my own thing around the house so they won't rely on me to sit right there when they play. I don't know... thoughts? 
A fun thing is that they started to sign this week! We had pretty much given up on it since we weren't very consistent, but after a reintroduction to a baby signs video Tate starting signing Daddy and Gracie started signing milk! At least we got their two favorite things down ;)
Also, Tater has taken to hugging and kissing Grace again. THAT is the sweetest thing ever. Trying to catch it on camera is nearly impossible, but warms my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment