It was still in the high 80's (after a 93 degree day) when we put them to bed last night in diapers. Tate could not get comfortable and I can't blame him, I was/am huge and swollen from the heat. We decided to put our ONE fan in their room facing the cribs to make them for comfortable. It worked like a charm and as we sweat in the living room we patted ourselves on the back for being such selfless parents.
Fast forward 2 hours. All the stores we know of are sold out of fans.
It's OUR bed time. My husband has an unhealthy addiction to the fan. Seriously, he can't sleep without it blowing inches from his face. He's made due before, but not in the heat and not with a very pregnant and sweaty wife. We checked the monitor over and over. The babies were sleeping. It had cooled down in their room. We would just walk in and take it. No big deal, right? Wrong.
Sean is in there for a while and comes out empty handed. "You've got to see this" he says, so I go in as stealth as I can and see our little bear squished up against the crib sleeping so that the fan is blowing right on his face-JUST like daddy. Uh oh. He clearly has taken to the fan and is enjoying it. Now how do we take it? We sat on the floor weighing the options and every time Tate would roll or wiggle we'd have to lay down to make sure he didn't see us. Finally, we crawled out of the room without it. We tried to sleep, but no such luck. I sent Sean back and he stole the fan. It was glorious. We swore that if the babies woke up we would have returned it, but I that was to ease out guilt. Tate rolled around in bed, but never "officially" woke up we decided.
I dunked my head in the sink and enjoyed the cool breeze on my face. It may make us bad parents to put our comfort above theirs, but given they woke up smiley (albeit sweaty), I think I can live with it this time.













No comments:
Post a Comment