Friday's big news was that we found our camera! Yay! I have felt like such a loser mom missing all these precious moments!
I also got to go out with some girlfriends for "baby shower" friday night! I still have so much boy stuff so the girls decided I needed more pampering than pampers. We went out to dinner at one of my favorite places and then to a salon for manicures and pedicures! I had a great time and it was juts the break I needed. I felt bad that I was a bit low energy though. I had been home with the babies all day and I was WIPED. Sean got home just in time for me to leave. It was a great night though and I appreciated my friends seeing my real need over baby shower protocol!
Saturday we made an important decision! We paid OFF our car! We had some savings earmarked for moving, but since nobody is buying our house, we can't. So with my being laid off we decided paying off our car was the next best thing as it frees us of one big payment a month! We have always had one car and drove around my car from high school until it's last breath a couple of years ago. We felt great about paying off the new car and that we can do SOMETHING to better our situation in these uncertain times. After that I drove an hour to my mom's for my *real* baby shower with family. It was so nice to have the whole afternoon to myself. I was with family and ate too much and talked about baby names, but I got home just in time to kiss the babies nigh night. It was great to have the "day off" and feel some of that independence come back. Having time for me Friday night AND Saturday reminded me about all we give up as moms. It happens so slowly, you can almost miss it. Nothing like social situations remind me that I have been submerged in a different world from others. It's a great place to live, but I find myself missing, well, MYSELF! We have a baby coming any week now (I am 1 cm dialated and 50% effaced actually) and I need to have self pep talk before going under for another few months during that all consuming newborn time. I have a lot of new goals and interests I want to pursue , but also a lot of me I want to keep in touch with. I am lucky my husband sees the importance in this too! Otherwise, we will wake up one day with grown kids and I will be just a shell of the woman he married! But I digress...
In Twinnie news Gracie is on the go! She is a fast and furious roller, but now can push her car across the room and is making forward progress with her "inchworm" crawling! She got from the living room to their bedroom last night! It was so sweet to see Tater follow HER for once! Tate is still trying my patience with ignoring "no" and getting into everything, but his walking is getting better everyday! He takes 7-10 steps at a time and watching him drive cars around the house (complete with sound effects) is too cute. I just want to enjoy our last times together as a family of four!













No comments:
Post a Comment