We got to the ocean and I was shocked they took to the sand so easily! Tate was walking and crawling all over and Gracie was happy digging and eventually EATING. Seriously, we couldn't keep it out of her mouth once she started. I would have bet on the opposite since Tate is our licker/ eat things off the ground guy and Gracie is usually afraid to try new things. But she took to burying herself right away and then shoving fistfuls into her mouth/face. We had to laugh; she did.
We ate lunch on a blanket and I was caught off guard by how grown up they seemed eating sandwiches on their own and by this perfect little family memory being created. The kind of thing we dreamed about when we thought we couldn't have kids. It was a God moment for me.
Finally, we hit a local ice cream shop where Gracie showed her independence in wanting to hold and eat the ice cream by herself. Ice cream is Sean's favorite food/past time so he couldn't have been prouder.
My other favorite moment came later when we went back to the beach. It had gotten kind of cold so we huddled in blankets and read books. The babies LOVE their Eric Carle books and usually Sean or I read them alone, but it was so precious to read them together and enjoy the laughter from silly animal sounds and cuddles. I tried to take pictures, but we were too close!
Oh, my little family of four.
It was a great day and now I feel more ready for this new baby to come and take our house by storm once again!













What a lovely day that seems like. They grow up so fast don't they? So cute!
ReplyDelete