Saturday was a FULL day. We went to breakfast with grandma and grandpa and auntie. They did great at the restaraunt surprisingly. Afterwards they took almost a 3 hour nap! JOY! I read my book with coffee on my the patio. It was bliss. After nap we went back to Sean's parents and had lunch and play time. Tate was not so happy in the heat (nearly 90 degrees), even in the shade with wetting his hair he got pretty cranky. So we played inside most of the day. We had afternoon nap and then dinner and BBQ with their neighborhood. We let the babies stay up about an hour after their usual bedtime, but we were all getting tired and cranky. After bed time Sean and I treated ourselves to some ice cream and passed out at 9:30PM! I even slept through the fire works booming all around the neighborhood. Thankfully, so did the babies.
Sunday we laid low in the morning and came back up to Seattle in the afternoon. I think we were all happy to be home. The twins refused their afternoon nap which resulted in some fussiness ( read:crying, screaming, whining and general misery). This resulted in a slightly early bed time and a tough time falling asleep for overtired eyes.
Sadly, I don't have any pictures because we lost our camera charger! Daddy is back at work and the twins are "napping" now. I am hoping for a nice loooong one like they took this weekend. I am 36 weeks pregnant now and just plain tired most of the day. I am hanging on for the delivery and then Sean will be home on 12 weeks of paid paternity leave! I like having some alone time with the babies during the week like this, but physically it's just getting hard.













Wow sounds like a very busy weekend but a fun one! Love spending time with grandparents. My boys always like my nephew that is 10 years older then they are and it gives my a little break when he is around! They grow up fast! Wow 12 weeks paid leave...how wonderful is that?
ReplyDeleteI know, e has the best benefits! With the twins he got 8 weeks, this year they upped it to 12!
ReplyDelete