Friday, July 10, 2009

How Many Licks Does it Take...

to catch an infectious disease?

Seriously.

Tate has this habit of licking everything lately. and I mean everything. I am chalking it up to exploring the world, but seriously people, this is getting gross. Toys and windows are a given, but shoes? and not just any part- if he can get his hand on a shoe he flips it over and licks all over the BOTTOM of the shoe! Blech! Makes me cringe to see my nasty 9 year old flip flips that have been to many public restrooms in his mouth. Not to mention Sean's work shoes that hang out in downtown seattle buses! So we hide the shoes. He has recently started licking all furniture too. As if to say "Are you sure you REALLY cleaned this mom?" Doors, tables, handles on cabinets, walls, and this morning he licked each screw on their high chairs. Not as gross-just weird. I love this crazy boy, but at a friend's house he recently when along licking each of her kitchen cabinet handles. I was was like "doesn't your little guy (3 weeks older) do that too?" *blank stare* "oh, yeah....um, Tate hardly ever does it either!"

I'm just waiting for swine flu, sars, mad cow, or whatever is going to catch up to him soon so I can accept my Mother of the Year award.







No comments:

Post a Comment