Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sad News

I heard via a multiples board I frequent that a family has lost one of their 18 month old twins- Matteo. He had a fever, but was really a healthy little guy. My gut aches for this mother and father who found their baby lifeless one morning. How many times have I imagined a similar scenario as a paranoid new mom? Checking for breath in the middle of the night during those new days. You never dream that such a nightmare could be your reality as they grow. I also got to meet a newborn of our friends' yesterday afternoon. Such a different place of joy welcoming a new life! My heart is heavy today as God reminds me that 5 hours old or 18 months old, our children-our lives are precious and cannot be taken for granted. I mourn for this family today and selfishly thank God for mine. I will be squeezing them extra tight today-not complaining about whining, crankiness, diaper blowouts or any of those other silly things we groan about. Not when I know of a mother who would trade ANYTHING to have them back. God Bless little Matteo and his family. Help us all to remember how blessed we truly are.



2 comments:

  1. How awful and tragic. Does anyone know what was wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was a possible complication with a sickness he had earlier, but they weren't sure yet. He just had a high fever :(

    ReplyDelete